Re: DataBase Design Wizard - Designer 2000

From: Niels Ebbesen (Tel 14527) <Niels.N.E.E.Ebbesen_at_DSBDATA.DSBDATA.DSB.DK>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 14:01:18 +0100

We had a similar problem, which turned out to be caused by bad data in the repository - there were entries without references. According to Oracle Support, the Force Delete function is sometimes too brutal. The following script (supplied by Oracle Support) will tell you if you have that problem:

select name from ci_columns c
where source_attribute_reference is not null and not exists (select 1

                from ci_attributes
                where id = c.source_attribute_reference)

If the script returns any rows, the column name displayed points to the cause of the problem. In RON, the Source attribute in the properties of the troubled column will be marked <Invalid object id>. You can fix the problem from RON, or alternatively run the following script (also supplied by Oracle Support):

update ci_columns c
set source_attribute_reference = null where source_attribute_reference is not null and not exists (select 1

                   from   ci_attributes
                   where  id = c.source_attribute_reference)

Before you do that, be sure to BACK UP the repository.

Good luck,

Niels E. Ebbesen
Danish State Railways (DSB)