Re: db links and usernames/passwd's

From: Silvia Krasuk <dem8_at_INTERNET.AUTOSTRADE.IT>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 14:10:06 -0500

I have lost the original message but I remember someone asked how to hamdle database links with hardcoded connect strings in the case the user changed his/her password.

The best thing to do is to create the database link without a connect string. In this case oracle would attempt the connection to the remote host using the userid and passwd of the user currently logged on the local Oracle database.
Of course the userid and password need to be valid on the remote host too.

Silvia Krasuk
krasuk_at_autostrade.it
Florence, Italy.
My Ideas of course! Received on Sun Jan 07 1996 - 16:39:51 CST