Re: Error when using Connect By in record group in Forms 4.5

From: Paul Dorsey <DORSEY_at_ENIGMA.RIDER.EDU>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 23:06:20 -0400

I think that the problem has to do with that connect_by does not really return a table, it returns a report that looks like a table. It usually has nulls in the cols, where a simple query wouldn't do that to you. The only work around that comes to mind would be to create the connect by as a view, and then to query the view using NVLs to get rid of possible nulls. I don't know that it would work, but it is a least an idea. I'm not even sure you can create a view using connect_by.

Paul Dorsey
Dulcian Inc. Received on Sun Jan 07 1996 - 23:20:57 CST