Designer/2000 returns ORA-00942

From: Ken Anderson <ag17546_at_SOLOMON.AG.GOV.BC.CA>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 14:09:01 -0500

I've built a one-table test module using the Module Data Diagrammer.

When I generate the form, the following error is returned (the log file contains other warnings re: "TYPE" being reserved word, but that's another issue):

        CGEN-01263: ERROR: Following user-defined condition has an error:
                           (Table level Check Constraint
                           INDIVIDUAL_NAMES.IND_NAM_CK1)
        SELECT 1 FROM INDIVIDUAL_NAMES WHERE
         TYPE IN ( 'C' , 'A' , 'P' )

        SELECT 1 FROM INDIVIDUAL_NAMES WHERE
                      *
        ERROR at line 1:
        ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

The application name is "POS1".
The database name for the application is "POS". I've logged into the Module Data Diagrammer as "CASE_POS".

It appears that Des/2000 has re-written my check constraint "TYPE IN ('C', 'A', 'P')" as "SELECT 1 FROM INDIVIDUAL_NAMES ..."; is there someway I can get Des/2000 to write that constraint as "SELECT 1 FROM POS.INDIVIDUAL_NAMES"?

Thanks,
-Ken

Ken Anderson

Systems Analyst
Ministry of Attorney General
Ph: (604) 356-6487
Fax: (604) 356-7699 Received on Sun Jan 07 1996 - 15:35:09 CST