Re: Direct Load State

From: PL. Rukmani <mani_at_TC4HQ.CMC.STPH.NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 13:13:00 -0500

> I'm experiencing an intermittent problem with a 7.2 database in which some
> indexes appear to become corrupted. The error is ORA-01502: index xxxx is
> in direct load state. The only way that I've found to fix the problem is
> to drop the indexes and rebuild them.
>
> Question: Does anyone know what I might be doing on this database to
> introduce this problem? This is a dynamic database that is loaded
> periodically with SQL Loader. Next, we do some processing with this data,
> and finally, the tables are truncated. Process then repeats.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
> Dave Lambert
> Frontier Communications
> dlambert_at_froglit.scitele.com

Dave,

   This problem occurred when we were loading a table through SQL*Loader's    direct load option. The manual says that if the direct load fails    inbetween, the index will be left in this stage.

   I am not aware of any solution, as I used to truncate the table and reload,    which was faster than rebuilding the index, and we were running Benchmarks    only and so truncating tables were not of a worry.

   Good Luck,
   Rukmani. Received on Wed Jan 03 1996 - 02:47:51 CST