Re: Change users in the middle of a session?

From: Bambi Bellows <Bambi_Bellows_at_PO.CHI02_at_SMTPLINK.INFORES.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 13:39:20 EST

Anil --

Nifty trick! I was wondering how Oracle did that. I had heard a rumor back in '86 or so that Oracle wrote SQL*Plus using HLI (now OCI), and anything you can do in SQL*Plus, you can do in HLI...

Well, in SQL*Plus, you can connect to another user and *become* that other user... so there *had* to be a way to do that in OCI, unless my source was wrong, or unless Oracle rewrote SQL*Plus in some other language (horrors!).

Now, the question... do you need special privs to do a connect in SQL*Plus? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong (double horrors!). If not, why do you need the priv to accomplish the same in OCI?

Bambi. Received on Wed Jan 03 1996 - 15:02:38 CST