Re: Re[2]: Oracle 7.1.6.2 installation

From: Bruce Pihlamae <bpihlama_at_NLA.GOV.AU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 12:44:16 +0000

> Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 09:52:43 -0500
> From: RUBEN.OCONNER_at_kellogg.com (RUBEN OCONNER)
> To: "Bruce Pihlamae" <bpihlama_at_nla.gov.au>
> Subject: Re[2]: Oracle 7.1.6.2 installation

I got it resolved.

The file it was really looking for on the CD was libora.a_ which is a compressed copy of the libora.a file. The file on the CD was actually the uncompressed libora.a file. This is a bug on the CD itself and the installer was not telling me the truth about the error it was getting.

To get around the problem I had to rename libora.a in the /oracle_link/lib directory to libora.a_ and then after the installer had copied it (uncompressing it and corrupting the file as it copied it) I had to make sure that I again copied the libora.a file from the CD to the /usr/oracle/lib directory so that the RDBMS relink would work properly.

I have reported it to the hotline for them to fix.

Bruce...

   T T T T T T T T        Bruce Pihlamae
   I I I I I I I I        bpihlama_at_nla.gov.au
   I I I I I I I I        National Library of Australia
   T T T T T T T T        Phone: +616 262-1480
  -----------------       Fax:   +616 273-2116