Re: MESSAGE FILE SEARCH PATTERN?

From: PL. Rukmani <mani_at_TC4HQ.CMC.STPH.NET>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 09:51:15 -0500

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any insite on the search strategy
> of sqldba. It appears to be to look from ORACLE_HOME
> down to rdbms/mesg. One digital unix i keep getting
> an error indicating that the message files cannot
> be found. It appears that they are indeed there and
> that I have access via the oracle account and the dba group.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> David

Hi David,

Normally this happens when ORACLE_HOME environment variable is not set properly. For the Oracle account, since the .profile is changed while installation, ORACLE_HOME might be set properly and so you are able to have access to the message files.

Hope this helps,
Rukmani. Received on Mon Jan 01 1996 - 23:33:31 CST