Re: your mail

From: GurPratap Singh <aviion_at_HCLIND.HCLC-GGN.HCLA.COM>
Date: Mon Jan 1 23:12:04 1996

> I would be glad if somebody can share his/her experiences on the installation
> of oracle 7.1 -Distribued database option.
>
> We had earlier loaded oracle7.1 without distribued database option,
> and oracle products forms40,reports20.
> Now we want to utilise the distribued database features of oracle7.1.
> For this
>
> 1. Is it enough to load Oracle Server only with distributed database option
> -without touching other products ?
> or
> 2. We need to reload Oracle Server and all other products?

Hi Happy New Year

While installing oracle it confirms whether u want Multi-threaded option

or not,if yes then it starts some processes like dispatchers etc.

Though u can choose products afterwards for distributed option but it

would be a tediuos job to configure parameters and edit files manually.

U can configure Sql*net by using configuration Tool .

I would prefer if U can ,Try first by loading These etc. packages

and configure manually by refering to SQl*Net manuals and Oracle

administration manual.

Regards. Received on Mon Jan 01 1996 - 23:12:04 CST