Sub-type implementation

From: Trevor Fleming <Trevor.Fleming_at_MSMAIL.TELKOM400.INCA.ZA>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 07:59:14 +0200

Hello Oracle Mail List Listeners

I am using Designer 2000 to implement a super-type with sub-types. I want to translate this into tables where the common attributes are stored in a super-type table and the sub-type attributes are in separate tables linked by foreign key to the super-type table.

The documentation describes how to use the wizard to achieve this using an "arc approach", however I end up with the super-type attributes also included in the sub-type tables.

Has anybody managed to get the right results ?

Regards
Trevor Fleming
Richards Bay Coal Terminal
Richards Bay, South Africa
email: trevor.fleming_at_msmail.telkom400.inca.za Received on Fri Dec 29 1995 - 10:04:49 CST