Re: Dev 2000 running from a network?

From: Siva Subramaniam <siva_at_HCLIND.HCLC-GGN.HCLA.COM>
Date: Thu Dec 28 13:11:00 1995

Hello all,

> I'm considering installing developer 2000 to run from a netwrok, that
> is, I will install the ORAWIN directory to a server DOS partition and
> then just copy the files that belong to the windows/system direcory
> to each user machine. I would prefere this method to installing the
> whole shebang to each and every user machine and set the environment
> variable to point to ORAWIN directory location. Does any one have
> experience doing this? Is there any other way?
> I havn't tried this yet, but I cannot think of any reason why it
> should not work (unless Oracle has hard-coded something to prevent
> this).. also, my network is under used (yes, I know, I'm fortunate :)
>
> Regards,
> T Al-Qusaimi
> egpcit_at_emirates.net.ae

Well... Installing in the Network is fine. But to achieve what.? As of my experience, I couldn't just digest it; Such a 'fast response'; Still..... U can install it. It will work. Set the path for 'O:\ORAWIN\BIN' drive. Edit the system.ini and win.ini file in local c:\ drive; and make appropriate changes; I guess U know that. (same sort of entries when it is installed in local m/c except that the drive name will be differing.) No other changes is required.

If U get any better alternative than this, Let us SHARE them.

Thanks,
Siva

 [7m  [5mSivasubramaniam. E             [0m
 [7m Hcl Consulting Ltd.            [0m
 [7m Gurgaon. India.                [0m
 [7m e-mail : siva_at_hclind.hcla.com  [0m

REBIRTH -- Is it to attain our desire,
           That we wish in this BIRTH .?