Re: Re[2]: ANSI Stew

From: Ian Neall (Ext.2102) <INEALL_at_UK.ORACLE.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 16:25:39 GMT

Hi Bambi,

Sorry I took so long to reply, but a flu before Xmas and a very lazy return means I've only just read your note.

I thought I had read that 7.3 would allow file IO from pl/sql within the server but I can't find a 7.3 release note to confirm this. I don't believe that a HOST command per say is planned as it is too dangerous. The procedural gateway provides a very controlled way to achieve a similar requirement.

Sorry this isn't very definite but despite mail/www/text retrieval etc. it can still be difficult to find the info you are looking for!

Happy new year
Ian

        Ian Neall                               +44 1932 872020 Ext.2102
        Designer/2000 Development               ineall_at_uk.oracle.com