Dev 2000 running from a network?

From: T Al-Qusaimi <egpcit_at_NS2.EMIRATES.NET.AE>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 08:36:47 -0500

Hello all,

I'm considering installing developer 2000 to run from a netwrok, that is, I will install the ORAWIN directory to a server DOS partition and then just copy the files that belong to the windows/system direcory to each user machine. I would prefere this method to installing the whole shebang to each and every user machine and set the environment variable to point to ORAWIN directory location. Does any one have experience doing this? Is there any other way? I havn't tried this yet, but I cannot think of any reason why it should not work (unless Oracle has hard-coded something to prevent this).. also, my network is under used (yes, I know, I'm fortunate :)

One more thing. To those who replied to my previous question and havn't got any response in the list, my apology, I seem to have a problem with my internet address ass it changes randomely from egpcit_at_emirates.net.ae and egpcit_at_ns2.emirates.net.ae It seems the list server will not accept anything that has a 'From' field other than the original subscribed by one. It seems like a bad setup from my service provider, but it is the only service provider we have.

Regards,
T Al-Qusaimi
egpcit_at_emirates.net.ae Received on Thu Dec 28 1995 - 08:48:54 CST