ORACLe/CASE PROBLEM

From: As WE see ourselves, So do WE become !!! 23-Dec-1995 1535 +0800 <ravi_at_QCAV01.ENET.DEC.COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 05:06:12 EST

Hello

With the follo setup we are facing problem under ORACLE CASE 5.0.22.

Setup

Server          Client 1              Client 2           Client 3

----------- ---------------- ---------------- --------------
VAX 3185 DECpc /DOS 6.22 DecPc /DOS 6.22 VXT 2000 with OVMS 6.2 PCDecWindows- Pathworks 5.1 with VXT.sys over DW Motif(1.2) -Motif 5.1 with DECnet, WFW 3.11 & DECnet. ORACLE 7.0.16 DECNET eXcursion 2.1
with
CASE 5.0.22,
SQL*Forms 3.0

We invoke...

CASEDES syscase/syscase

SELECT Sample appl SOE

 TECHINIQUES

            ENTITY DIAGRAMMER
                            UTILITIES
                                    FASTPATH TABLE MAPPING SYSTEM

At this point for CLIENT 1 and 2 screen appears with some characters such as " z c 1" etc on a VERTICAL BAR on the left of the screen and doest not proceed further.

For Client 3 the above same chars appear but then the application proceeds successfully.

Since we have sold a a lot of DECpc's as clients for this customer,we are in a jinx over the above problem.

Have any of you faced a similar king of problem ?? ,I contacted local Oracle with out much success. Received on Sat Dec 23 1995 - 05:34:42 CST