Re: Help create package

From: Allen Wells <WELLSA_at_MDH-ENVH.HEALTH.STATE.MN.US>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 11:46:13 -0500

John writes
> It seems that no one around here uses create package, which probably
> sounds strange to most of you. However, I decided to try it and get
> the following messages:
>
> Warning: Package created with compilation errors.
> Warning: Package Body created with compilation errors.
>
> My question is, where are these compilation errors listed? I can't
> find any reference to this in the manual and I don't know what is
> wrong if I can't see what the error is. Or, is this another Oracle
> gotcha and you guess at it until you get it right?
>
> I am trying to create the package using SQLPLUS. I am running Oracle
> v 7.0.16 and PL/SQL V 2.0 on an HP Unix box. Any help would be much
> appreciated.

Hi John:
SQL*PLUS has a command 'show errors'
basic syntax is:

    SHOW ERRORS [FUNCTION |PROCEDURE | PACKAGE | TRIGGER     |PACKAGE BODY | VIEW] objectname;

You also can query dba_errors, all_errors, or user_errors

    Allen G. Wells (612)627-5492 FAX: (612)627-5479 MN Dept of Health, Enviromental Health Division Internet: Allen.Wells_at_health.state.mn.us Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 15:05:20 CST