Linking problem Reports20 designer

From: Steve Jeffery <jeffers_at_PLANET.MH.DPI.QLD.GOV.AU>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 11:49:07 -0500

Has anybody experienced the following linker error whilst re-linking the Reports20 designer (Motif version):

ld: /usr/5lib/libc.sa.2.8(__.SYMDEF): no of reloc used 1495 != no alloc 1443 *** Error code 4
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `r20desm'

We use a Sun690 with SunOS 4.1.2, Oracle v7.1 RDBMS and CDE v1.

The re-linking has been necessary because we did not have IXIs OSF Motif installed when we originally installed the CDE tools. We have since installed IXIs Motif v1.2.4.

What makes this more intriguing is that the Forms40 motif designer linked without any trouble and uses many of the same libraries including the one mentioned in the error message!

If anyone has struck this error and discovered the reason I would be very interested in the solution...

TIA Steve Jeffery
Analyst/Programmer
Dept. Primary Industries,
Brisbane, Australia.
Email: jeffers_at_dpi.qld.gov.au Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 17:15:39 CST