table creation

From: Dave Henley <dhenley_at_NETCOM.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 08:06:24 -0800

Hi

I know that it's possible to find out how a view was created by looking at the text field of table user_views. I was wondering if there is a similar way to determine how tables were created, that is, is the CREATE TABLE command stored in any data dictionary tables? If not, how would I find this info?

As long as I have your attention, is there any way to do an export on only a users data dictionary tables? Using exp it seems that one can only export specified tables OR a whole user, the latter automatically exporting the data dictionary tables for you. In other words, it looks like I have to export the entire user in order to get the user's data dictionary tables. Is there any way to get just the dd tables?

I'm on rdbms 7.1.3.2, HP-UX.
Thanks!

Dave Henley
dhenley_at_netcom.com Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 12:02:33 CST