Re: Inquiry: DBA Tools for VMS

From: Magnus Weiman <weimanm_at_DECUS.SE>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 11:47:17 -0500

>We are a VMS site running Oracle V7 and are looking for DBA tools.
>
>We have found several excellant products but unfortunately they do
>not run under VMS. The one exception so far is BMC Software's
>Patrol V2.
>
>Does anyone know of any equivalent DBA tools for VMS?

There are excellent DBA tools for Oracle7 on VMS available from The Database Solutions Company. The tools are:

DBTune - Tuning solution which automatically tunes a database by transforming the existing physical structure to an optimized multifile structure.

DBAnalyzer - Provides a concise review of the complexity and the tuning status of a database.

DBXact - Dynamic monitoring tool that shows exactly how a database is performing, including alarms and trend analysis, and prepares reports to be included in the tuning process.

Control Center - Provides a single point of control for your Client/Server environment - Database, Network and System.

Those tools are available in USA from The Database Solutions Company, 605 North Courthouse Road, Richmond, Virginia 23236, USA, tel (800) 933-7668, fax (804) 794-0813.

There are distributors for those tools in most other countries as well. I represent the Swedish distributor. If you want to have the name and adress for the distributor in your country, please ask me or ask The Database Solutions Company, USA.

The tools mentioned above are available for Oracle7 and Oracle Rdb. They are available on most hardvare platforms running different variants of unix and OpenVMS.

Magnus Weiman

Name: Magnus Weiman
Company: Datalogikonsult AB
mailto:WEIMANM_at_DECUS.SE
S-mail: Box 52, S-590 61 VRETA KLOSTER, SWEDEN Phone: +46 13 131330
Fax: +46 13 61142
GSM: +46 70 7440806
minicall text: 393662 Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 15:52:53 CST