Re: Report Writers

From: NICCOLI, DAVID <NICCOLI_at_USCOLO.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:41:00 PST

We are in the process of researching and evaluating ReportWriters that can access or process data from a;

     Oracle database
     Sequential/Text files; non dellimited fixed fields or dellimited fields
     Pre-generated reports
     etc...

Specifically in a PC client/server windows environment or Dec Alpha OSF1 environment, with the ability to control fonting, shading, etc..., (postscript and non postscript). We are looking at producing some of our administrative reports including check processing via a network laser printer.

We are also evaluating the ability to produce and control laser printing functionality from a cobol application, ie imbedded control characters. Has anyone had any success with this?

We are currently reviewing ReportSmith, Crystal reports, and English Wizard.

I have heard of a product called Monarch, which I believe, produces a report from a pre-generated report file. Does anyone know where I may find out more information about this product?

Any and All feedback would be welcome!

David Niccoli
Coordinator, Administrative Computing
University of Southern Colorado
niccoli_at_uscolo.edu Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 14:32:27 CST