UNIX Raw Devices

From: Eclipse Technology Inc. <0006410539_at_MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 19:52:00 EST

Greetings,

We have a client that insists on raw devices for a large DB we are helping them implement. Having always been File I/O oriented we are not sure of the benefits/drawbacks.

Anyone have a strong feeling one way or the other? And why?

Thanks,
Powel Crosley
Eclipse Technology, Inc.
6410539_at_mcimail.com Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 20:17:28 CST