Re: CDE 4.0.12.4

From: David L. Dennis <ddennis_at_LIBRA.AFSOC.AF.MIL>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 08:03:01 -0600

On Fri, 10 Mar 1995, A.Ravi Kumar Product_Support_Group, Digital Park  11-Mar-1995 1100 +0800 wrote:

Ravi,
We had a similar problem with a Solaris installation of CDE 4.0.12 - invoking a CDE tool (here forms) returns:

FRM 91029: Internal Error -- Application startup failure.

The problem turned out to be the non-existance of the directory:

/usr/share/lib/X11/nls

Creating this directory solved the problem.

(running your tool under 'truss' might also yield some clue ...)

> Installation is to be done from CDROM.Whenever forms4 or book or
> any other tool is invoked then it fails with "window system failure".
> Being new to this product ,the installation manual is not of much help.
>
> H/W DEC alpha 2000/300
> S/W OSF/1 2.0
> ORACLE 7.0.15
>

> Ravi

David L. Dennis
ARINC Incorporated
ddennis_at_libra.afsoc.af.mil Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 09:18:56 CST