Re: Help create package

From: Kline, Kevin <kkline_at_DTTUS.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 17:22:42 CST

John,

You can get a listing of the errors in your CREATE PACKAGE statement by querying the data dictionary view ALL_ERRORS (or USER_ERRORS). You can also use the SQL*Plus command SHOW ERRORS to see errors in the last command executed.

-Kevin Kline
 Deloitte & Touche

Subject: Help create package
Author: "ORACLE database mailing list." <ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU> at Internet-USA
Date: 3/13/95 04:41 PM

It seems that no one around here uses create package, which probably sounds strange to most of you. However, I decided to try it and get the following messages:

Warning: Package created with compilation errors. Warning: Package Body created with compilation errors.

My question is, where are these compilation errors listed? I can't find any reference to this in the manual and I don't know what is wrong if I can't see what the error is. Or, is this another Oracle gotcha and you guess at it until you get it right?

I am trying to create the package using SQLPLUS. I am running Oracle v 7.0.16 and PL/SQL V 2.0 on an HP Unix box. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
John Carlson
Rocketdyne Division
Rockwell International
Canoga Park, CA Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 18:36:41 CST