Re: Help create package

From: Craig R. McClanahan <crm_at_PERPETUA.DAT.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 17:30:19 -0500

    John> It seems that no one around here uses create package, which
    John> probably sounds strange to most of you.  However, I decided
    John> to try it and get the following messages:

    John> Warning: Package created with compilation errors. Warning:     John> Package Body created with compilation errors.

    John> My question is, where are these compilation errors listed?
    John> I can't find any reference to this in the manual and I don't
    John> know what is wrong if I can't see what the error is.  Or, is
    John> this another Oracle gotcha and you guess at it until you get
    John> it right?

Try logging in with SQL*Plus and typing the command "SHOW ERRORS". This consults a table that Oracle built containing the error listing for the last module you compiled, complete with line numbers.

    John> I am trying to create the package using SQLPLUS.  I am
    John> running Oracle v 7.0.16 and PL/SQL V 2.0 on an HP Unix box.
    John> Any help would be much appreciated.

    John> Thanks, John Carlson Rocketdyne Division Rockwell     John> International Canoga Park, CA

Craig R. McClanahan                     EMAIL:  crm_at_dat.com
DAT Services                            Phone:  503-643-4331
Beaverton, OR, USA                      Fax:    503-526-6442