Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Facing an strange error, needed urgently. (Oracle 9i, Solaris)
icon4.gif  Facing an strange error, needed urgently. [message #310513] Tue, 01 April 2008 08:15 Go to next message
mohitmohan
Hi All,

Out of the below mentioned query, I facing a weird error.

select a.PME_ID, b.ISIN, c.TICKER, d.ISSUE_TYPE, d.PRIMARY_GLOBAL_EXCHANGE_CODE, e.ISSUE_NAME, e.ISSUE_DESCRIPTION
from (select issue_oid, identifier_value as "PME_ID" from renew_t_issue_identifiers where identifier_type = 'PMEID') a,
(select issue_oid, identifier_value as "ISIN" from renew_t_issue_identifiers where identifier_type = 'ISIN') b,
(select issue_oid, identifier_value "TICKER" from renew_t_issue_identifiers where identifier_type = 'TICKER') c,
renew_t_issues d,
renew_t_issue_descriptions e,
(select T_EQTY_EXCH_GRP.PME_ID "pme_id" , max(T_EQTY_EXCH_GRP.DP_SEQ_NO) as "maxdp" from T_EQTY_EXCH_GRP GROUP BY T_EQTY_EXCH_GRP.PME_ID) f,
T_EQTY_EXCH_GRP g
WHERE a.issue_oid = b.issue_oid and
a.issue_oid = c.issue_oid and
a.issue_oid = d.issue_oid and
a.issue_oid = e.issue_oid and
a.PME_ID = f.pme_id and
f.pme_id = g.pme_id and
f.maxdp = g.DP_SEQ_NO

The error that I am is as below at above highlighted clause.

"ORA-00904: "F"."MAXDP": invalid identifier" as shown below

./fa/4089/0/

Please help me, I couldn't understand where m I mistaken.
Re: Facing an strange error, needed urgently. [message #310516 is a reply to message #310513] Tue, 01 April 2008 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Don't use double quotes around your aliases

And don't post newbie-questions in the Expert forums
oh, and don't use the U-word. (urgent) If it is so urgent, you should have started earlier.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2008 08:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Facing an strange error, needed urgently. [message #310519 is a reply to message #310516] Tue, 01 April 2008 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohitmohan
Thanks Frank it worked , but one question, I have used double quotes above too like "PME_ID", "ISIN" etc. There double quotes are working but not here, can you please help me to understand?
Re: Facing an strange error, needed urgently. [message #310522 is a reply to message #310519] Tue, 01 April 2008 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
The other cases are in UPPER case, so there is no difference with and without ".
" means "keep it like I wrote it". Default is "convert it in upper case".

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2008 08:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Facing an strange error, needed urgently. [message #310523 is a reply to message #310522] Tue, 01 April 2008 08:40 Go to previous message
mohitmohan
thanks Mike !!
Previous Topic: Set Role from procedure
Next Topic: Sending table in mail from oracle (pl/sql)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 20:10:47 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.17486 seconds