Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » email validation (oracle 10g windowsXP)
email validation [message #309684] Fri, 28 March 2008 08:04 Go to next message
varosh81
In email column only accept email id format(balan@gmail.com) only.
if enter the other text error message will display like '
ENTER THE VALID EMAIL ID.send solution with code
Re: email validation [message #309688 is a reply to message #309684] Fri, 28 March 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Does the email column have a CHECK constrain on it? Do you have any validation triggers defined?

Please provide more information and post the exact error message.
Re: email validation [message #309689 is a reply to message #309684] Fri, 28 March 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Hahahaha

... oh, you weren't kidding?

[This was a reaction on the original post. How can you ask something like that from us? We don't even know if you want it in SQL, in PL/SQL, in Forms, in PHP, in Pro*C or in Visual Cobol.]

[Updated on: Fri, 28 March 2008 08:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: email validation [message #309697 is a reply to message #309684] Fri, 28 March 2008 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
email id format(balan@gmail.com) only
What's invalid in "little.foot@mymail.com"? Why would you reject this format?

Perhaps you'd want to research use of regular expressions; these are rather powerful in such cases. Also, you have bad luck as I can't send solution with code.
Re: email validation [message #310010 is a reply to message #309697] Sun, 30 March 2008 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varosh81
Validation Details:
In oracle forms I have created one text box, that text box name is called as E_MAIL.

In this textbox will accept only email format.. suppose we will give sweety@gmail.com.. that format of the email only accept the text box. suppose we will give simply sweet, that is not a format for e-mail... so simply the text box reject the illegal format. i need the code for accepting leagal e-mail format.. and displaying error message in illegal format.

send solution with code. have you understand my question?
Re: email validation [message #310012 is a reply to message #309689] Sun, 30 March 2008 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varosh81
oracle 10g forms...

i dont set check constraint.

Validation Details:
In oracle forms I have created one text box, that text box name is called as E_MAIL.

In this textbox will accept only email format.. suppose we will give sweety@gmail.com.. that format of the email only accept the text box. suppose we will give simply sweet, that is not a format for e-mail... so simply the text box reject the illegal format. i need the code for accepting leagal e-mail format.. and displaying error message in illegal format.

send solution with code. have you understand my question?
Re: email validation [message #310046 is a reply to message #310012] Mon, 31 March 2008 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Define what makes a string a valid email-address. No need to repeat your example; define a set of rules that you (and later your program) can follow to determine if a string is a valid email-address or not.
e.g.
- there needs to be an '@' in it
- there cannot be more than one '@' in it
- first position cannot be '@'

etc.

From there, you can translate that to whatever code you want
Re: email validation [message #310059 is a reply to message #310046] Mon, 31 March 2008 02:15 Go to previous message
ThomasG
There is a nice article on the trade-offs between more or less strict e-mail checking with regular expressions here :

http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html

You could then use that regular expression to check the input.
Previous Topic: using vaiable for IN query
Next Topic: Sync two tables through dblink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 13:42:46 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.17890 seconds