Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Get session to ignore commits and rollbacks
Get session to ignore commits and rollbacks [message #309175] Wed, 26 March 2008 13:30 Go to next message
annagel
Is there a way to get an Oracle session to ignore any commits or rollbacks that might be issued? I am working at debugging a rather complex process that is encountering an error and then cleaning up a bit too well so I am finding it difficult to find any information about that error once it's complete. So I don't want the system to error when a commit or rollback is issued I just want it to do nothing.

Any ideas?
thanks
Andrew
Re: Get session to ignore commits and rollbacks [message #309182 is a reply to message #309175] Wed, 26 March 2008 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Is there a way to get an Oracle session to ignore any commits or rollbacks that might be issued?

No.

Regards
Michel
Re: Get session to ignore commits and rollbacks [message #309225 is a reply to message #309175] Wed, 26 March 2008 18:23 Go to previous message
coleing
Investigate flashback query and flashback versions to see what has happened including rolled back data and data before commit;

This will enable you to see exactly what has changed between transactions:-

examples:-

select * from table1 as of timestamp(sysdate - 1/24) --1Hour ago
minus
select * from table1;

Previous Topic: Analytical Function - Window Clause RANGE
Next Topic: REF to table of object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 20:29:25 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.21994 seconds