Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem Installing Forms6i (Oracle9i DB, Forms6i , Win XP)
Problem Installing Forms6i [message #308451] Mon, 24 March 2008 06:38 Go to next message
adilsami
Hi,

I'm facing problem in installing Forms6i ,
I had installed Oracle 9i database , then Reports 6i
now am in need to install Forms6i.. but it gives me this error:
(SQL*Net is being used.Please stop Oracle applications
and services before continuing to install )

I've stopped all the oracle services but still getting the same error while installing the forms.

Anybody can help me in this ?

Regards,
Adil.

Re: Problem Installing Forms6i [message #308452 is a reply to message #308451] Mon, 24 March 2008 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
I would suggest you to remove ORACLE Reports and again reinstall first Forms and then Reports.

I had installed oracle 9i and developer and it is working fine.

Regards,
Azam Khan
Re: Problem Installing Forms6i [message #309233 is a reply to message #308452] Wed, 26 March 2008 19:17 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The order of installing Oracle products is typically database, reports and then forms. Especially for 6i where the reports install overwrites the forms configuration wherein the forms install does NOT overwrite the reports configuration.

If your configuration is totally screwed then instead of trying to uninstall everything just delete the 'oracle' directory. This will remove ALL the oracle homes on your PC. Then use 'regedit', go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE' and delete it also.

Reboot the PC, verify that 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE' does not exist. Reboot the PC again.

Install Oracle database, install 6i reports, and then 6i forms. Use either the 'ifiles' or 'tns_admin' method to use just a single copy of 'tnsnames.ora' for ALL oracle applications on your PC.

David
Previous Topic: To poulate a text item from LOV
Next Topic: ora-106555
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 04:36:27 CDT 2024