Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Startup/Shutdown grayed out in OEM (Oracle database 10g (
Startup/Shutdown grayed out in OEM [message #308002] Thu, 20 March 2008 14:17 Go to next message
Hi all,

I'm pretty much a noob in Oracle, so please be patient with me.
I've installed Oracle database and client 10g (full install) on fresh install of Windows server 2003 Enterpise.
After creating the database, a listener, and local net service name, the Instance Startup and shudown options are grayed out in the OEM under Instance > Configuration, even when logged in as SYSDBA. The options are not available via the right-click shortcut menu either.

However, when I use SQL plus logged in as the same user, I can stop and start the instance with no problems.

Could I perhaps have miss or incorrectly set an option during the install, and if so, which install options might affect this?

Re: Startup/Shutdown grayed out in OEM [message #308727 is a reply to message #308002] Tue, 25 March 2008 05:23 Go to previous message

The client does not allow full EM functionality. Use the webinterface for the EM console.

Previous Topic: status AGENT UNREACHABLE
Next Topic: Oracle 10g Metrics with Thresholds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 21 04:58:46 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09330 seconds