Home » Other » General » Does any one know about Core Banking Environments??
Does any one know about Core Banking Environments?? [message #307631] Wed, 19 March 2008 05:40 Go to next message
kiran.satyan
Hi All

Im pretty new to this Database Administration.
I would like to know about Core Banking Environments.
How does The centralized Database Work?
Usually how many Database Users/Schemas can be available?

Thanks & Rgds

Kiran S
Re: Does any one know about Core Banking Environments?? [message #307691 is a reply to message #307631] Wed, 19 March 2008 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>How does The centralized Database Work?
It works well.
>Usually how many Database Users/Schemas can be available?
as many as you need
Re: Does any one know about Core Banking Environments?? [message #307761 is a reply to message #307631] Wed, 19 March 2008 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
@Kiran,

Your question is so basic, and this site so specific, that I recommend that you either google 'managing a database centre' or go to Amazon and search for books on 'managing a database centre'. It won't matter which one you read but one that refers to the brand of database that you are using could possibly be more helpful.

David
Re: Does any one know about Core Banking Environments?? [message #307797 is a reply to message #307691] Thu, 20 March 2008 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran.satyan
Hi Ana,

Thanks alot for your reply.
I'm working in a simple client server environment.
My front-end application is develepoed in VB-6 and my database is Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 and which is installed on Redhat Linux version 3,Kernel 2.4.21-4.My Desktop application is connecting to one Schema.
So I just wanted to know how does a Core Banking Environment(Datacenter) look like.
I think Database may have different Schemas.It does depend on the Application.

But still I'm bit confused about single shema environments and multi schema environments.

I've heard about Flexcube(I-Flex) and Finacle(Infosys) Core-Banking Solutions.But I did never get a chance to see or ask somebody about these environments.

Its my pure curiosity to ask about this and I'm looking for options around.I hope I'll get a good picture from orafaq.

Thanks & Regards

Kiran

Re: Does any one know about Core Banking Environments?? [message #307799 is a reply to message #307761] Thu, 20 March 2008 00:33 Go to previous message
kiran.satyan
Dear David,

Good Morning and Thanks alot for your reply.

I've just given a brief reply to Ana about my career and work environment and all.Till now i've been working on implemetation of Branch Automation softwares in different banks.
And My database is always Oracle ,the Best RDBMS around.
As it is a single database,single schema setup, I've got curious about other Big environments.

I hope,we can continue about this topic and we will get in detail about Oracle Database Administration and Maintenance.

Thanks & Regards

Kiran

Previous Topic: table partition
Next Topic: INVALID OBJECTS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:38:36 CDT 2024