Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How good is Hyperbac technology for Oracle's backup (oracle 9.2.0.6/10.2.0.3 OS Version: Solaris 5.9)
How good is Hyperbac technology for Oracle's backup [message #306563] Fri, 14 March 2008 12:46 Go to next message
naresh515
Hi All,

I'm looking at various articles regarding Hyperbac technology for Oracle Backup.

Did anyone use this?
Can you please let me know what are the pros n cons regarding this? & any information that would be useful.

Thank you all for your valuable response.

Thanks,
Raghu.
Re: How good is Hyperbac technology for Oracle's backup [message #306692 is a reply to message #306563] Sat, 15 March 2008 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meastland
I have been using Hyperbac's Oracle technology in some capacity or another for over 6 months. I am very pleased with the product. It works with RMAN backups, traditional export/import, and data pump export/import. It also works across multiple OS platforms. I'm consistently seeing 75% compression in disk space for backups and exports, and over 50% compression in time to complete backups. Also, their support group has been very responsive in terms of answering any questions that I have.

To put in perspective how important this product is to my team, we are upgrading our production database environment from Oracle 9i on big Sun iron to Oracle 10g RAC on commodity hardware. We have to convert over 1 TB of data in less than a day. I don't think we could do it without Hyperbac.
Re: How good is Hyperbac technology for Oracle's backup [message #421166 is a reply to message #306692] Fri, 04 September 2009 12:43 Go to previous message
oragun
Hello there
I am new to this site and from the posting here i think this is a pretty cooperative society.
I am trying to clear the oracle online certification exams OCA/OCP and getting problems practicing the data pump and sql loader.Please give me some written steps or notes to learn from.That would be very kind of you.By the way from your profile you look like very learned.
Knowledge sharing is wisdom and hiding knowledge is curse.
So please reply with a positive answer.
Previous Topic: RMAN-04005: error from target database: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
Next Topic: 10g RMAN Backup in 11G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:15:35 CDT 2024