Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » webUtil problem (Oracle 10gR2)
webUtil problem [message #304085] Tue, 04 March 2008 00:15 Go to next message
khamusito
Hi everyone!

im burning my eyes out with this one, i've follower all advices in here to try to make my webutil form work.

we;re migrating from forms 6i where we used the host command to execute a couple commands in the clients.

At the moment im using the following code:

client_host('cmd /c batfile.bat');

it compiles ok, but at runtime it throws a please acknowledge error, followed by a oracle.forms.webutil.host.Host bean not found Host command will not execute.

I;ve checked my formsweb.cfg over and over again with no luck, also i added the webutil.olb object group to my form with the same results.

Im attaching my formsweb.cfg to see if you can provide any help or pointers.

any help is greatly appretiated, thanx!
  • Attachment: default.env
    (Size: 1.27KB, Downloaded 1111 times)
Re: webUtil problem [message #304633 is a reply to message #304085] Wed, 05 March 2008 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you got the sample webutil form to work?

David
Re: webUtil problem [message #305024 is a reply to message #304633] Fri, 07 March 2008 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khamusito
I solved the problem, but I have a new one.

Problem was solved by modifying the following line in webutil.cfg and sending a full quaiified URL.

#install.syslib.location=/webutil
install.syslib.location=http://<server name>:<port>/forms/webutil

My current problem is this:

- Development environment is Windows
- Deployment environment is Linux

Forms are working perfectly on windows environment (OC4J and an OAS installation)

Forms in Linux are NOT working.

WebUtil example is working on Linux, but the forms i created aren't. The error im getting is that it's not finding the beans for webutil. Compilation returns no errors on the Linux environment. I've re-compiled the webutil library in Linux to create the PLX file. The PLX library is on the same path as the form im trying to run.

This problem was usually solved in our development environment by re-attaching webutil.pll library to the form, but i cant do this in my Linux env.

Any suggestions or pointers?

thanks in advance
Re: webUtil problem [message #306791 is a reply to message #305024] Sun, 16 March 2008 20:20 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
have you fixed your problem?

When you attached your library did you take the default 'No' behaviour or say 'Yes' to remove the path name?

David
Previous Topic: How to insert image using dialog box
Next Topic: provide webutility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:51:32 CDT 2024