Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Needed SQL Help (Oracle 9i, Unix O/S)
Needed SQL Help [message #301149] Tue, 19 February 2008 06:00 Go to next message
amit.pandey
Hi,

Can anybody answer this question.
Q. How Can you make access for a set of rows to other user without using Views/MViews.

Thanks & Regards
Amit
Re: Needed SQL Help [message #301150 is a reply to message #301149] Tue, 19 February 2008 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
I'm sure that we can, but this sounds like either homework or an 'interview' question. It sure as sugar ain't (ooo I went all American there) an expert question. So, what research have you done to find out the answer (if any)
Re: Needed SQL Help [message #301154 is a reply to message #301150] Tue, 19 February 2008 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amit.pandey
Hi,

I've tried to create a procedure which will inturn return/print the set of rows and then grant the execute prov on that procvedure to other user.

But I think this is not the correct way.

Then I worked on Fine-Grained Auditing, to provide a limit access to a user by creating a profile, but stuck somehow.

Can you please help on this.

Reagrds
Amit
Re: Needed SQL Help [message #301162 is a reply to message #301154] Tue, 19 February 2008 06:43 Go to previous message
pablolee
Quote:
I've tried to create a procedure which will inturn return/print the set of rows
What set of rows?
Quote:
and then grant the execute prov on that procvedure to other user.
Do you mean that you are trying to grant a privilege to a user within this procedure that you talk about?
Quote:
But I think this is not the correct way.
Why, Why not? Errors? Logic problems? Aliens told you so?
Quote:
Then I worked on Fine-Grained Auditing, to provide a limit access to a user by creating a profile, but stuck somehow.

Is this a different question?

OK. Post what you tried, formatted appropriately and between code tags.
Previous Topic: Comparing two tables
Next Topic: SQL conditional show group by number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 01:11:33 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11545 seconds