Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » urgent help required(recursive triggers) (oracle9i release 2)
urgent help required(recursive triggers) [message #300458] Fri, 15 February 2008 08:13 Go to next message
orafacjublu
pls get me out of this problem
Someone in my database has created two ddl triggers in hr and system schema with the same name.the trigger is like
create trigger test_tr
after create or alter or drop on hr
begin
if creating then
dbms_output('created');
end if;
end;

like this he has also created the same trigger with the same name in hr schema.

Now neither i can create a table in HR schema nor drop these triggers from the database.It is showing errors can anyone suggest how to drop the triggers.
Re: urgent help required(recursive triggers) [message #300461 is a reply to message #300458] Fri, 15 February 2008 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
SYS can always drop objects.

Regards
Michel
Re: urgent help required(recursive triggers) [message #300728 is a reply to message #300461] Sun, 17 February 2008 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafacjublu
Sorry Mike it's not so easily done, The moment i am giving a drop command from sys user it says - trigger system.test_trig is invalid and failed re-validation. Remember the trigger is a ddl trigger and done in both the hr as well as the system schema. Waiting for the solution-------------

Thanks
Re: urgent help required(recursive triggers) [message #300746 is a reply to message #300728] Mon, 18 February 2008 00:43 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Copy and paste the whole SQL*Plus session including the connection.

Before, please read OraFAQ Forum Guide, especially "How to format your post?" section.
Make sure that lines of code do not exceed 80 characters when you format.
Indent the code and align the columns in result.
Use the "Preview Message" button to verify.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Access data fom multiple schemas in a single query
Next Topic: Pseudo-column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 02:03:11 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08613 seconds