Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » need help in tuning this query (8.1.7,Unix)
need help in tuning this query [message #300111] Thu, 14 February 2008 04:49 Go to next message
daniesh.shaikh@gmail.com
Hi everybody,
the query is runing slow which was running fine. so clients is facing a problem. as this is my new client i have only access to PROD server clould any body look into this please help me in tuning this query i need a expert advice on this. i have made several assumptions that my query is not well ordered . table has lots of chain aount so i need to reorg the table.please explain me what to tune and where query is wrong. please help me in tuning this query.
i have attached the query , execution plan and tkprof.
thanks in advance,
Daniesh

Re: need help in tuning this query [message #300171 is a reply to message #300111] Thu, 14 February 2008 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
michael_bialik
Your TKPROF does not contain any information about the query itself.
Re: need help in tuning this query [message #300187 is a reply to message #300171] Thu, 14 February 2008 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniesh.shaikh@gmail.com
thank you very much for quivk respnse.i have attached a execution plan will it help us in tuning the query.if please help me in tuning this query.i will talk about tkprof to my client.

Thanks,
Daniesh
Re: need help in tuning this query [message #300196 is a reply to message #300187] Thu, 14 February 2008 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniesh.shaikh@gmail.com
Hi Michael,
please let me know that execution plan can help in tuning this query. i guess by seeing the execution plan that i have to go for ordered hint but i dont know to tune nested loops and range scan.

Thanks ,
Daniesh
Re: need help in tuning this query [message #300264 is a reply to message #300196] Thu, 14 February 2008 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniesh.shaikh@gmail.com
Dear Michael,
i have generated execution for my query
it will help in tuning the query. could you please look into and explain this query is taking lots of time. please help me......

i have attached the new execution plan.

Thanks in advance,
Daniesh
Re: need help in tuning this query [message #300298 is a reply to message #300171] Thu, 14 February 2008 23:08 Go to previous message
daniesh.shaikh@gmail.com
HI MICHAEL,
i have attached a execution plan could you please look into it
and help me in tuning the query. please look into this.

Thanks ,
Daniesh
Previous Topic: calling a function from remote db
Next Topic: TOAD / Oracle qeps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:09:31 CDT 2024