Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » partitioning table with sequence made in java base 36 (oracle 10.2.3 ,solaris)
partitioning table with sequence made in java base 36 [message #294313] Thu, 17 January 2008 03:37 Go to next message
diaxlee
i would like to partition a big table with more than 5 millions of rows on a sequence made in java base 36
this sequence is stored in a column and is a part of the primary key
i intent to use dbms_redefinition after creating a new table partitioned with the new column value in base 10
can you have an idea of the trigger or something else that could simplifie this operation Sad
thanks in advance for you help
regards Sad Sad Sad
Re: partitioning table with sequence made in java base 36 [message #294314 is a reply to message #294313] Thu, 17 January 2008 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
i would like to partition a big table

Why?

Quote:
a big table with more than 5 millions of rows

This is not big but rather small.

Quote:
i intent to use dbms_redefinition after creating a new table partitioned with the new column value in base 10

Why if you want to partition accordingly to a base 36?
Or your requirements are not clear.

Anyway, if you don't have a good reason to partition you must not partition.

Regards
Michel
Re: partitioning table with sequence made in java base 36 [message #294321 is a reply to message #294313] Thu, 17 January 2008 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diaxlee
hi
my questions are???
can i use the sequence in base 36 to partition???
do i convert this sequence in base 10 to partition???(probleme de clé pas prefixée)
vos conseils sont les bienvenus
merci d avance
Re: partitioning table with sequence made in java base 36 [message #294325 is a reply to message #294321] Thu, 17 January 2008 04:10 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
can i use the sequence in base 36 to partition???

One quotation mark is sufficient for me to understand you ask a question.
What is a base 36 number? A character or base 10 number that expressed a value in this base. Computer does not work in base 36. Yes, you can partition in base 36, in this case.

My advice is:
Quote:
if you don't have a good reason to partition you must not partition.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Grant User
Next Topic: error in executing procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 02:30:50 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07972 seconds