Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Package compilation: Error: ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid
Package compilation: Error: ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid [message #293204] Fri, 11 January 2008 03:41 Go to next message
c_stenersen
I've created some synonyms to some other synonyms which reside in a different database. I have a database link to it, and I'm able to select from my synonyms just fine. But when I try to compile packages etc which use these synonyms I get the "ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid" error. I'm using the same db-user for the selects and for the package creation. I only do selects from this database in the packages, no inserts/updates/deletes because I don't have those privileges. I was able to compile it yesterday, but today it fails.

Also I'm using these synonyms in ApEx and there it fails for selects as well.

Any ideas about what could cause this?
Re: Package compilation: Error: ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid [message #293219 is a reply to message #293204] Fri, 11 January 2008 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you don't post a clear test case that we can reproduce I don't think we can accurately answer you.
The test case must include Oracle versions (both sides), user privileges both sides, database link creation and so on.

Regards
Michel
Re: Package compilation: Error: ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid [message #293261 is a reply to message #293204] Fri, 11 January 2008 08:27 Go to previous message
c_stenersen
I was able to solve the problem.
My synonyms were pointing to some synonyms on a different database, which were in turn pointing to some tables in a third database.
After creating a database link to that third database (after getting an account from the dba) it works, so I've then redirected my synonyms to use that database link directly now.

I still can't understand why the previous solution worked yesterday though..

Thanks anyway
Previous Topic: NLS_COMP and NLS_SORT problems (merged)
Next Topic: Count of table column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:23:21 CDT 2024