Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Query record groups (Developer 2000)
icon5.gif  Query record groups [message #292865] Thu, 10 January 2008 01:31 Go to next message
BEGGY_BRL
Hi,
I am a new member of this forum and this is my first time asking for help on internet. I hope that you could help me.

my boss wants me to learn if a record group's SELECT statement can contain "if" condition like a program unit. We have a LOV associated with a record group. He wants it to work different by departments and he wants to use if condition to do it.

It doesn't seem possible to me but he makes me saerching for it since yesterday (!) I am tired of it..

Please SAVE ME!!!
PS:I also need an acceptable explanation to tell him. Confused

Thanks.
Re: Query record groups [message #292875 is a reply to message #292865] Thu, 10 January 2008 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
You can create record group dynamically.
Search on create_group.

By
Vamsi
Re: Query record groups [message #292890 is a reply to message #292875] Thu, 10 January 2008 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BEGGY_BRL
I know that there are lots of ways to do what he wants, I don't need a solution Sad

I need to explain him why he can not use (if really he can't) IF condition in a record group query, at least in "our" record query. he is not creating a new one, he is trying to modify the existing one.

he doesn't want to hear a different solution, he wants to hear a solution with IF condition. I know that it sounds crazy, but he is obsessed with it(!)

thank you for helping, but I need something different Sad

Re: Query record groups [message #292895 is a reply to message #292890] Thu, 10 January 2008 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Show him this.
Tell him that record group seeks select statement, not a pl/sql block.

By
Vamsi
Re: Query record groups [message #292906 is a reply to message #292895] Thu, 10 January 2008 02:47 Go to previous message
BEGGY_BRL
I've told him this million times Laughing

I'm gonna show him your reply, maybe he believes me now!!
we are now 2 for 1 Cool

Thank you very much, have nice day..
Previous Topic: default toolbar is not diplayed
Next Topic: How to capture the Oracleforms error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 10:04:22 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09081 seconds