Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Inserting more than one images in the same rerocd (Oracle 10g forms, widows XP)
Inserting more than one images in the same rerocd [message #292535] Wed, 09 January 2008 02:58 Go to next message
gulljee78
Hi friends,

I have one block (images), with two columns.

Id number
Images blob.

And child block (child) has two columns.

ID
Detail

I have to add more than one picture in Images field of that particular record, and than I have to navigate picture. With previous and next button. And with one print button I will take out the print from these pictures.

Currently I can insert one picture only through browse button. But it does not allow me to insert more than one picture in the same field.

What changes I should make in your opinions, which will enabled me to insert more than one picture in that particular record. And then I will be able to navigate easily through next and previous button.

Regards,

gull
Re: Inserting more than one images in the same rerocd [message #292779 is a reply to message #292535] Wed, 09 January 2008 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can't put two things into a single field.

EITHER: You need to have another table higher than the 'images' table which will point to this table for a particular 'event'. Then each 'events' will have multiple 'images' and each 'images' will multiple 'child'.

OR: You have both the 'detail' field and the blob field on the same table.

David
Re: Inserting more than one images in the same rerocd [message #293202 is a reply to message #292779] Fri, 11 January 2008 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gulljee78
Thank you very much for ur reply, Mr. David,
as per your instruction i have chosen option two (OR) i made the changes in the table now
i have only one table, and all feilds are on that (images)table,but problm remains there.

Regards,
Re: Inserting more than one images in the same rerocd [message #293507 is a reply to message #293202] Sun, 13 January 2008 19:08 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You still need two tables. One for the 'event' plus 'event details' and the second for the 'image' plus 'image details'.

David
Previous Topic: how to logout automatically and identifying the user who inserted a record
Next Topic: frm-40106:No navigate items in destination block.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 10:00:43 CDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06767 seconds