Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Rollback a committed trans
Rollback a committed trans [message #290782] Mon, 31 December 2007 14:35 Go to next message
Messages: 10
Registered: December 2007
Location: USA
Junior Member
When there is a way to rollback a committed transition.

Re: Rollback a committed trans [message #290783 is a reply to message #290782] Mon, 31 December 2007 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Messages: 65155
Registered: March 2007
Location: Nanterre, France, http://...
Senior Member
Account Moderator
No there is no way.
Commit means I'm sure that I don't want to roll back.
So when you commited you say you will never want to roll back.

That said, there are ways to recover.
It depends on your version, your environment (Oracle database/instance parameters), what you want to "uncommit".

Re: Rollback a committed trans [message #291048 is a reply to message #290782] Wed, 02 January 2008 18:04 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
Messages: 2102
Registered: December 1999
Location: Connecticut USA
Senior Member
However, there are alternatives to rollback. Try doing some reading one these concepts:

Oracle Flashback
Oracle Workspace Manager
Oracle Total Recall


These are advanced features and not for everyone. Indeed, each requires planning at a design level. They are best used as initial features of a data service implementation rather than add-ons after the fact. In any event, enjoy the reading.

These kinds of technologies show yet again why Oracle is KING all other databases are just toys.

Good luck, Kevin.
Previous Topic: merge - how to idenitfy the number of rows inserted and updated
Next Topic: 'ORA-30487: ORDER BY not allowed here'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 16:29:40 CDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11984 seconds