Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » database and charectorstics (ora 9i)
database and charectorstics [message #285380] Tue, 04 December 2007 05:55 Go to next message
annu-agi

hi experts

i am working on a new project and this project which has 3600 tables and each table has more then 150 columns and data is huge in GBs. My job is to find out table links, no. columns and rows, link with tables and there contraints, pk, fk and ect. views, sequences and indexes. Note :- No documentation is available.

Can anybody tell me how can i findout this information by using anaylical functions of sql and data dictionry.

More tell me how effectivly i work on this kind of huge data and improve sql performence. Any suggusions would be helpfull to me.

Regards.
Anwer

Re: database and characteristics [message #285383 is a reply to message #285380] Tue, 04 December 2007 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
First things first:
- Analyze the schema.
- User_tables contains a column called 'NUM_ROWS' that will show you the number of rows of each table.
- User_constraints contains the constraint names and type of each constraint along with the table name.
- user_cons_columns contains the columns of each constraint.
- links are (should be) implemented through foreign key constraints.
You also have user_views, user_sequences, user_indexes, user_ind_columns, ... . A description of all the dictionary views is in the Oracle Database Reference.

As for the performance question: that's hard to tell as we can't tell how the database is used.

MHE
Re: database and charectorstics [message #285450 is a reply to message #285380] Tue, 04 December 2007 12:30 Go to previous message
MarcL
I think if I were in you're shoes, I would strongly suggest purchasing some 3rd party software that will nicely display ER diagrams.

There are plenty to choose from.
Previous Topic: Merge columns
Next Topic: sql query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 14:52:23 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14410 seconds