Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Automatic saving during navigation of master detail record (forms 10g)
Automatic saving during navigation of master detail record [message #283068] Mon, 26 November 2007 01:12 Go to next message
onlyursjack
I got fmb with master detail blocks..
and whenever im scrolling down the master block detail block also getting chenged..
but when im changing or inserting any new value in detail and try to scroll from master its not allowing me to go to next record with out saving the changed one..

I heared by using POST we casn solve this issue..but whr to use the post
i tried it in wen new blcok instance of master block,but nothing happened

please help me to solve this issue..
i just wana save the detail record automaticaly..and it shud not ask me to save wen im going for next record..

Thanks in Advance
Megha
Re: Automatic saving during navigation of master detail record [message #283125 is a reply to message #283068] Mon, 26 November 2007 03:07 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Please, try to write in English. OraFAQ Forum provides spell-checking (there's a button, just left of the "Submit Reply" you've used) so - use it before submitting a message.

Quote:

i just wana save the detail record automaticaly

What do you call "automatically"? When should this happen?

You could, for example, put the COMMIT into the KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger on the last item in detail record. Or, you might include COMMIT into KEY-UP and/or KEY-DOWN triggers. Or ...

The question is: should it *really* be done that way? What if you "automatically" save unwanted changes? Will you be able to roll them back?
Previous Topic: Dynamic List Item problem...........
Next Topic: Form executable !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 21:20:16 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.38429 seconds