Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Sqlplus and the @ sign
Sqlplus and the @ sign [message #278632] Mon, 05 November 2007 03:43 Go to next message
ziggy25
I have the following query

SPOOL $x.dat
SELECT '@' || NVL(<the rest of the statement removed per the original poster's request> 
FROM some_table ORDER BY some_column;
SPOOL OFF

The query is run in sqlplus and the results are stored in a file as shown above. The problem i have is that the @ sign is im not sure why the @ sign is replaced by the double quotes in the file as shown below.
<data removed per the original poster's request>

If you look at the data, you will notice that the email address is wrong. The @ sign on the email address is also replaced by the " (quotes).
Could someone please explain how this works and how i can fix it. i.e. how can sqlplus ignore the @ sign in teh email address.

Thanks

[EDITED by LF: tables, columns and data removed from the SELECT statement per the original poster's request]

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2008 06:16] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sqlplus and the @ sign [message #278637 is a reply to message #278632] Mon, 05 November 2007 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ziggy25
Please ignore the above. The @ signs are changed to " via a unix shell script. Nothing to do with sqlplus. Smile
Re: Sqlplus and the @ sign [message #278639 is a reply to message #278637] Mon, 05 November 2007 04:17 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Can we remove the whole topic?

Next tim, take care of line width: no more than 80 characters. "Preview Message" button is there to help you.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: adding column in the middle
Next Topic: Dynamic SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 07:11:50 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.21674 seconds