Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Replacing script in oracle database
Replacing script in oracle database [message #276922] Fri, 26 October 2007 23:34 Go to next message
pdwivedi
I have pl/sql codes in a database.Now we have modified the codes for tables.The script for creating or replacing table is saved as *.tab files.Now I want to replace the older script with new one how can i do it?
Since there are about 20 *.tab files so it is difficult to copy and paste scripts.

Regards
Prashant
Re: Replacing script in oracle database [message #276923 is a reply to message #276922] Fri, 26 October 2007 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Now I want to replace the older script with new one how can i do it?
Carefully & methodically!
From what you have posted, it seems you have a code maintenance problem.
It seems all you know are dumb & manual GUI and don't know how to write a script.

Those who live by the GUI, die the GUI.

Perhaps it is time to upgrade your skills & time to learn PERL.
Re: Replacing script in oracle database [message #276924 is a reply to message #276923] Fri, 26 October 2007 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pdwivedi
I didn't asked ur opinion about my skills.I expected a solution from u.If u dont't have any solution it is better that u don't waste ur time on this forum.
As far as my skills are concerned I am new to pl/sql that is why I posted query only to learn other than having ur opinion.
Re: Replacing script in oracle database [message #276925 is a reply to message #276922] Sat, 27 October 2007 00:01 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
YOU have NOT read or followed ANY posting guidelines at stated here:
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem is a nail.

The optimal solution does not necessarily include PL/SQL.

ENGLISH is the language of this forum.

"U" is NOT a member of this forum.

>I expected a solution from u
NOBODY owes you a solution.

"UR"
Ur was an ancient city in southern Mesopotamia, located near the mouth (at the time) of the Euphrates and Tigris rivers on the Persian Gulf and close to Eridu. It is considered to be one of the earliest known civilizations in world history. Because of marine regression, the remains are now well inland in present-day Iraq, south of the Euphrates on its right bank, and named Tell el-Mukayyar [1], near the city of Nasiriyah south of Baghdad.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 October 2007 00:02] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: which "AND" get priority when statement is executed?
Next Topic: About Package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 11:59:22 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05206 seconds