Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Need to compare the values with previous recrod with cursor. (Oracle apps plsql report , Windows XP)
Need to compare the values with previous recrod with cursor. [message #276212] Wed, 24 October 2007 06:49 Go to next message
alayam

Hi! All.

I have an issue.

I have developed a PL/SQL report in ordermanagement to get the salesperson details. But now Client has comeup with new requirement.

I have Line_number like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 2.1, 2.2, and so on.
Those lines already have been slpit. Then below are the details.

[Check the digit after the decimal point and only continue if that number is greater than 1.
If the decimal place is greater than 1,
if the Actual Ship Date is blank, compare the Scheduled Ship Date Period (current line 1.1) with the Actual Ship Date Period (Line 1.2) and if it is not equal then update the Split Period column to YES else leave it Blank.
ELSE
Compare the Actual Ship Date (1.2) to the Actual Ship Date (line 1.1) and if it is not equal then update the Split Period column to YES else leave it blank. ]

Please any one could help me.
I have attached the code along with this post. And I have changed some yellow color where i exactly want to change the code.
Thanks in advance.
With regards,
chandu.
Re: Need to compare the values with previous recrod with cursor. [message #276274 is a reply to message #276212] Wed, 24 October 2007 10:31 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Always post your Oracle version (4 decimals).
We don't download doc files.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Deadlock during DELETE operation
Next Topic: Long data types in Distinct or group by
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 20:57:57 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10408 seconds