Home » Other » Marketplace » Position Available@Boston USA: Senior Programmer/Analyst
|Position Available@Boston USA: Senior Programmer/Analyst [message #275998]
||Tue, 23 October 2007 10:46
Registered: March 2002
We have been trying to fill this full-time position for a while now.|
If anyone interested , please send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line RESUME of Your_Name.
I will forward the resumes to concerned folks. If the hiring authorities think your resume is interesting, they will contact you.
Location : Boston, MA, USA.
Company : A non-profit education/research institute affiliated with MIT,Boston,USA
The Senior Programmer Analyst analyzes technical and user needs, designs, codes and tests computer programs across multiple languages, platforms, databases and operating systems to satisfy technical and user requirements in support of the business and scientific mission of the Whitehead Institute.
To provide the highest levels of technical and customer support to all Administrative Departments and Laboratories and personnel associated with the Whitehead Institute:
* Analyze business and scientific requirements and develop system requirement specifications.
* Convert business, scientific, and system requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications.
* Create work effort estimates that will be used to present to the customer and will be the primary input to project schedule work breakdowns.
* Develop various implementation plans, e.g., quality assurance, training, documentation, transition, release, software build, as required by the established software development methodology.
* Convert system designs and technical specifications into program code.
* Analyze and troubleshoot existing program code and correct errors as required.
* Run quality assurance tests to find errors and confirm that those programs meet scientific and business requirements, system designs, and technical specifications.
* Train end users or support staff on the proper use of programs and systems.
* Create and maintain user, technical and operational documentation that describes program code, logic, changes and corrections.
* Provide technical support to end users and other support groups as established by service level agreements.
* Provide performance and production run monitoring for applications assigned after implementation.
* Install software releases as established by software build and release plans either remotely or at customer sites.
* Work with Data Warehouse Architect, Application & Business Analysts, and users to develop business reports and applications.
* Organize, plan, supervise, and control all project activities.
* Act as a technical lead and advisor to less senior level staff members.
* Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
* Bachelor’s degree, MS Preferred, in computer science or equivalent experience
* 5 years experience developing web enabled applications utilizing JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, JSP, Perl, PHP, C++, HTML, and XML
* 3 years or more experience application development with Oracle database in an secure web enabled environment
* 3 years experience developing on UNIX, LINUX and Windows platforms
* Experience with web servers (Apache, IIS), application servers (Tomcat), ASP/JSP and Servlets
* Experience designing and writing reports (Oracle Reports and Discoverer preferred)
* Experience with Oracle Application Server
* Experience with Data Modeling and Database Design
* Experience with full software development process or life cycle
* Experience with a Java web framework such as Struts or Spring a plus
* Experience with Microsoft Access a plus
* Experience with FileMaker a plus
* Functional knowledge with ERP systems a plus
* Knowledgeable in the practice of systems and network security (Intranet, authentication, authorization, etc)
* Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, FTP and DHCP.
* Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral.
* Must possess the ability to perform tasks efficiently both independently as well as in a team environment.
* Must possess the ability to advise less senior staff members with the solutions to technical issues and business processes that occur while performing application development and support activities.
* Must possess the experience and/or the ability to plan all elements of a software development project, assign tasks to project members, and and supervise the daily project activities.
[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2007 11:16]
Report message to a moderator
Current Time: Tue Jul 25 06:14:20 CDT 2017
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13597 seconds