Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Premature EOF encountered, no trailer found
Premature EOF encountered, no trailer found [message #274163] Sun, 14 October 2007 20:57 Go to next message
rolex.mp
I am using Oracle 10g release 1 database in Windows XP machine

I was trying to export a table using Enterprise Manager (Export to Files) option.
I have created a directory and privileges has been granted on that directory to the appropriate answer .

But after specifying the directory name and the export file name , when I click next its throwing this error

Validation Error
Examine and correct the following errors, then retry the operation:
Error - Premature EOF encountered, no trailer found

Let me know what should be done ?
Re: Premature EOF encountered, no trailer found [message #274166 is a reply to message #274163] Sun, 14 October 2007 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Let me know what should be done ?
use the "exp" command line utility which is easier to diagnose.
Re: Premature EOF encountered, no trailer found [message #274172 is a reply to message #274163] Sun, 14 October 2007 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rolex.mp
I have already tried with exporting data using the exp and expdp command line utility .
I was just trying to use enterprise manager for the same since I haven't used Enterprise manager for this purpose but I faced this issue .

Is this error related to any data dictionary issues or how should I proceed to solve the same ?
Re: Premature EOF encountered, no trailer found [message #274175 is a reply to message #274163] Sun, 14 October 2007 21:31 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Is this error related to any data dictionary issues or how should I proceed to solve the same ?
I have no idea because I can not reproduce the problem/error message.
Previous Topic: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
Next Topic: creating sequences for all tables in the database at a time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 21:23:39 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15937 seconds