Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Search a string in Oracle Forms 10g
Search a string in Oracle Forms 10g [message #273097] Tue, 09 October 2007 01:47 Go to next message
ashamg2k
Hi All,

I need to search a String (table name)in a .fmb file, can anyone please tell me how to search?
I tried to convert the .fmb file to .fmt in Forms using
File->Convert but this resulted in 'ROS ERROR: -500'
I tried to search using the Find/Replace PL/SQL provided in forms this resulted in 0 matches, but when i search the string using grep command it shows 'Binary file matches'
I even tried to rename the .fmb file to .fmt file, then i opened this in Edit Plus(which was not fully human readable) and searched the string, luckily i could see the table name with the query.
But even now i am not able to find where the query is present exactly in .fmb.

Please can anyone tell me the method to find a query written in Forms?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Asha
Re: Search a string in Oracle Forms 10g [message #273116 is a reply to message #273097] Tue, 09 October 2007 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tiny_oracle

Hi

I think when you use the option : Show PL\SQL Only from the View menu in Forms you will see only the items that have code ... this will make searching much easier _that's depending on the size of your project_

But I want to ask you about some thing ..
As I understand , you are looking for a table name , Is that right ??

so , if you know the user name , you can search about it tables from SQL Developer or any other tool , but If you are looking for a certain code , I can't benefit you only in View>Show PL\SQL Only and you will be compelled to search in traditional way !!

Wait the more experience members comments ...
Yours , Tiny_Oracle
Re: Search a string in Oracle Forms 10g [message #273118 is a reply to message #273097] Tue, 09 October 2007 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The query does not exist in the 'fmb', it only exists as nearly a full query in the 'fmx'. But even then it can be modifed at run time by the use of a 'default_where'.

To find the EXACT contents of a query I suggest interrogating the database.

David
Re: Search a string in Oracle Forms 10g [message #273142 is a reply to message #273118] Tue, 09 October 2007 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashamg2k
The problem is i need to replace the table name with a different table in Forms, and the grep command does show that it is present but not the place where it is present.
Isnt there any tool or command or method to search in an fmb?
Re: Search a string in Oracle Forms 10g [message #273209 is a reply to message #273097] Tue, 09 October 2007 09:14 Go to previous message
tiny_oracle

Try
File ---> Administration ---> Object List Report

You will get TXT file contain names of all items _including tables_ that may help !!
Previous Topic: Scroll bar problem
Next Topic: Calling a block from one block with a query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:14:32 CDT 2024