Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g)
Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g) [message #270900] Fri, 28 September 2007 05:25 Go to next message
BILALg

Hi all,

Hope every thing is fine. I have a problem in running form that error message appear which is as follows:

{
FRM-10142 The HTTP Listner is not running on (Host) at port 8889. Please start the listner or check your runtime preferences.
}

I m sure that Http Listner is running on and preferences is also correct.
I have also run "startinst" and "stopinst" batch files but not succeeeded in resolving the problem.
Pls see attached file for further information.
Pls reply soon.

Thanks
Bilal
Re: Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g) [message #271071 is a reply to message #270900] Sat, 29 September 2007 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
I am no expert, but here are my guesses:

port 8889 is the default port for OC4J. I only get this error when one of the two things is true (not that there aren't other possibilities):

1) I forgot to launch OC4J, or the bat file failed.
2) it started on a different port because of a port conflict.

you might wish to check port 8888, this is also a default for oc4j.

Also, check to see if you started application server rather than oc4j. It uses port 80 be default.

Lastly, there is supposed to be a way to check what port oc4j is using, but I forget (or never knew). Maybe enterprise manager, or database console. The port is supposed to be specified in the xml config file for oc4j. My file name is:

C:\DevSuiteHome_1\j2ee\home\config\default-web-site.xml

but it says port 8888, and yet I laaunch my forms using 8889

go figure.

Good luck, sorry I am likely only telling you things you already know.

Kevin

Re: Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g) [message #271073 is a reply to message #271071] Sat, 29 September 2007 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BILALg

Kevin Meade wrote on Sat, 29 September 2007 00:10
I am no expert, but here are my guesses:

port 8889 is the default port for OC4J. I only get this error when one of the two things is true (not that there aren't other possibilities):

1) I forgot to launch OC4J, or the bat file failed.
2) it started on a different port because of a port conflict.

you might wish to check port 8888, this is also a default for oc4j.

Also, check to see if you started application server rather than oc4j. It uses port 80 be default.

Lastly, there is supposed to be a way to check what port oc4j is using, but I forget (or never knew). Maybe enterprise manager, or database console. The port is supposed to be specified in the xml config file for oc4j. My file name is:

C:\DevSuiteHome_1\j2ee\home\config\default-web-site.xml

but it says port 8888, and yet I laaunch my forms using 8889

go figure.

Good luck, sorry I am likely only telling you things you already know.

Kevin

Thank a lot Dear Kevin

Hope that u will be fine. I have got solution of my problem and also want to share with all. when u start ur 10g developer then u must run ur "startinst.bat" j2ee file all time. First time when u run ur form then it will automatically install "oracle jinitiator program" and after that form will be run successfully every time.
In other words, every time u start ur client u must have to run "startinst.bat" file.

but I have still a problem that when i run my compiled file without using of Developer10g then there is not raised any form means not succeeded.

Pls tell me about this If u have some information.

Bilal
Re: Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g) [message #271103 is a reply to message #271073] Sat, 29 September 2007 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
sorry, looks like I hit the wrong button, was replying to your email and it disappeared. Let me try again.

To run a form on the web you need to do two things:

1) create the form
2) run it using some special "helper" software.

#1 you understand well already

#2 means you need a piece of software that lets your form be run from the internet. This software is called OC4J. When you do "startinst.bat" you are in fact starting a version of OC4J that comes with the developer suite.

There is also a version that comes with OAS.. Oracle Application Server. You can download OAS and install if you like. This software has lots of stuff in it, along with its own version of OC4J. The two versions are almost identical except that the OAS version has extra hooks in it for running things other than Oracle Forms.

IF all you are doing is development and you are not deploying to the web, then you should just run "starting.bat" to start your OC4J instance, whenever you want to run your form. This is what I do.

Kevin
Re: Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g) [message #271113 is a reply to message #271103] Sat, 29 September 2007 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BILALg

My dear,
I dont want to run my form on web. When I use dev suite then form run but without dev suite, it is not run.

It should be run like as developer 6i. Just using the runtime executable file, we run our compiled forms.

I could not wanted to run my form on web.

I think now u understand very well.
Is it possible that as I like to run dev suite compiled form without client.

Thanks
Bilal
Re: Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g) [message #271115 is a reply to message #271113] Sat, 29 September 2007 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, you can't do that. Developer Suite 10g doesn't support it any more - this version is web-oriented, so you'll have to run forms on web. In other words, there's no "run form" executable (was it IFRUN60.EXE in 6i? I don't have it installed and can't remember for sure, but I *think* it was its name).
Re: Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g) [message #271116 is a reply to message #271115] Sat, 29 September 2007 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BILALg

My dear,
thanks for replying, I also thinking that in this version, there is no such facility. OK it means I have to use DEV 6i version.

Thanks a lot

Bilal
Re: Http Listner not found on 8889 port (Developer 10g) [message #271132 is a reply to message #271116] Sat, 29 September 2007 15:43 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
this is true.

only 6i has a version for non-web deployment and this version is soon to be unsupported.

Good luck
Previous Topic: expiring password in oracle forms
Next Topic: calendar in forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 03:30:26 CDT 2024