Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Oracle 10G Compliance
Oracle 10G Compliance [message #270715] Thu, 27 September 2007 17:17 Go to next message
jpdanze
Hello all -
I'm opening this topic to ask experts about this:

In the company i'm working, people were using Oracle 9 with Informatica to load files, then aggregate them into datamarts.

Two weeks ago, they changed the Solaris system and Oracle 9 to Oracle 10 with the same Informatica, and now, we got a bug.

Before the upgrade, when files were containing duplicated customers, Informatica and Oracle were designed to manage the Dup_val_on_index - meaning that regarding Oracle, the Primary key was ENABLED but Informatica (I imagine) was inserting the first record, then ignoring the others.

Now, all the records are rejected if only one duplicate line is existing.

I wanted to manage a Trigger before_insert to manage it by Oracle. But i never write any trigger since ORacle 8.1.7

Can someone help me please ?
Just to adapt my PL/SQL to Oracle 10G

Thanks.
Regards

Re: Oracle 10G Compliance [message #270789 is a reply to message #270715] Fri, 28 September 2007 00:56 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I wanted to manage a Trigger before_insert to manage it by Oracle

To manage what?
If you have a complex transformation then load another table witrh Informatica and then use an "insert select" with error clause to load the final table.
If you have no complex transformation bypass Transformatica and directly use this statement.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: using a result of subquery as a column name
Next Topic: dollar amount data type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 22:02:05 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08139 seconds