Home » Server Options » Data Guard » dataguard broker issue
dataguard broker issue [message #270072] Tue, 25 September 2007 10:44 Go to next message
alanm
Messages: 282
Registered: March 2005
Senior Member

hello all,
am getting the following errors from the broker

Welcome to DGMGRL, type "help" for information.
DGMGRL> connect sys/Fes7Evu6@emrep
Connected.
DGMGRL> switchover to offsite_emrep;
Performing switchover NOW, please wait...
Operation requires shutdown of instance "emrep" on database "office_emrep"
Shutting down instance "emrep"...
ORA-01109: database not open

Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
Operation requires shutdown of instance "emrep" on database "offsite_emrep"
Shutting down instance "emrep"...
ORA-01109: database not open

Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
Operation requires startup of instance "emrep" on database "office_emrep"
Starting instance "emrep"...
Unable to connect to database
ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

Failed.
You are no longer connected to ORACLE
Please connect again.
Unable to start instance "emrep"
You must start instance "emrep" manually
Operation requires startup of instance "emrep" on database "offsite_emrep"
You must start instance "emrep" manually
Switchover succeeded, new primary is "offsite_emrep"
DGMGRL>

If I disable the broker and carry out the switchover from the database evrything works as it should. Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this issue.

rgds

Alan
Re: dataguard broker issue [message #270100 is a reply to message #270072] Tue, 25 September 2007 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Messages: 1666
Registered: May 2007
Location: Dreamzland
Senior Member
Check it.
Re: dataguard broker issue [message #270897 is a reply to message #270100] Fri, 28 September 2007 05:16 Go to previous message
alanm
Messages: 282
Registered: March 2005
Senior Member

thanks for the info.

Got it working and surprisingly is was the 'case' of the SID in the listener.ora file which was causing the problem. I set it to upper case and all now works.

cheers

Alan
Previous Topic: About listener and Backup/Restore
Next Topic: Config issue
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 04 16:38:27 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11016 seconds